Baked, not Fried! These Zucchini Chips are easy to make and are thin, crispy, and irresistible! Did I mention they were healthy, too?
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 210mins
Adapted from tablefortwoblog.com
Preheat oven to 225°F. Line two large baking sheets (I used two 17-inch baking sheets) with silicon baking mats or parchment paper.
Slice your zucchini on a mandolin. Mine had 1, 2, or 3 for thickness and I used 2.
After you slice your zucchini, place the slices on a sheet of paper towels and take another paper towel and sandwich the zucchini slices and press on them. This helps draw out the liquid so it’ll cook a bit faster.
Line up the zucchini slices on the prepared baking sheet tightly next to each other in a straight line, making sure not to overlap them.
In a small bowl, pour your olive oil in and take a pastry brush to brush the olive oil on each zucchini slice.
Sprinkle salt throughout the baking sheet. Do NOT over-season, in fact, it’s better to use less salt initially because the slices will shrink; so if you over-season, it’ll be way too salty! You can always add more later.
Bake for 2+ hours until they start to brown and aren’t soggy and are crisp.
Let cool before removing and serving.
Keep in an airtight container for no more than 3 days.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana 4.5/5 (208 Votes)
- Crockpot Apple Pie Breakfast 4.5/5 (207 Votes)
- Cowboy Casserole 4.5/5 (200 Votes)
- Jalapeño Popper Wontons 4.5/5 (195 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.5/5 (198 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (193 Votes)
- Chicken & Asparagus Crepes 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)