Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
These sloppy joes take your favorite ingredients of a Philly cheese steak sandwich and combine them with a classic sloppy joe. This recipe is super easy to prepare and is great if you are looking for a quick meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook while breaking the ground beef up into chunks with a spatula or spoon until browned.
Add the green bell pepper and onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onions start to become tender. Drain any excess liquid.
Stir in steak sauce and beef broth, season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
While the meat is cooking, split the hamburger buns and butter each of the cut sides. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Place split hamburger buns cut side down into the skillet and cook until lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook until the mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until it is melted and incorporated into the sauce.
To assemble Sloppy Joes, pile the meat mixture onto the top of the bottom half of each bun, top with the provolone cheese sauce, and place the top half of the hamburger bun onto the sandwich.
You'll also love
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (223 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (208 Votes)
- Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken &... 4.4/5 (211 Votes)
- Pasta Fagioli Slow Cooker Crock... 4.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Cheese Steak Crescent Braids 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Philly cheese steak stuffed peppers 4.4/5 (41 Votes)