Fish Tacos Recipe with Broccoli Slaw and Lime Cream Sauce | Organic Authority
This is my gluten-free take on fish tacos: Spice-coated tuna sautéed until crisp on the outside but slightly pink inside, and a slaw made with sweet shredded broccoli, all topped with a creamy sauce spiked with fresh lime.
- This is my gluten-free take on fish tacos: Spice-coated tuna sautéed until crisp on the outside but slightly pink inside, and a slaw made with sweet shredded broccoli, all topped with a creamy sauce spiked with fresh lime.
- Prepared broccoli coleslaw, 4 cups(8 oz/250 g), about half of a 16 oz (500 g) bag
- Red onion, 1/4 cup (11/2 oz/45 g) minced
- Fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup (1/3 oz/10 g) minced
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon plus 21/2 teaspoons
- Serrano chile, 1, seeded and minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gluten-free mayonnaise, 6 tablespoons (3 fl oz/90 ml)
- Plain Greek-style yogurt, 6 tablespoons (3 oz/90 g)
- Lime zest, 11/2 teaspoon finely grated
- Albacore tuna, 1 lb (500 g), cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) cubes
- Ancho chile powder, 3/4 teaspoon
- Ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground coriander, 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- Large avocado, 1, peeled and sliced
- Gluten-free corn tortillas, 8–10 (51/2–6 inches/14–15 cm in diameter), heated
Adapted from organicauthority.com
1.In a large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw, onion, cilantro, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the lime juice, and the minced serrano chile. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Let the slaw stand while preparing the sauce and fish.
2 In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lime zest, and the remaining 11/2 teaspoons lime juice. Mix a pinch of salt into the sauce.
3 In a medium bowl, mix the tuna cubes, chile powder, cumin, and coriander. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the fish and sauté until brown on the outside but still pink inside, about 2 minutes. Transfer the fish to a warmed bowl.
4 Set out on the table the fish, slaw, sauce, avocado, and tortillas and allow diners to assemble their own tacos.
You'll also love
- Pineapple-Mango Popsicles 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Basil Quinoa Primavera 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Chipotle Meatball Appetizers 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Mediterranean Seafood Stew 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Baked Salmon 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
Review this recipe