Chipotle Meatball Appetizers
Chipotle meatball appetizers have a little heat and are good to eat! Nested in bite-sized pastry cups and topped with cheese and avocado, these are great fingers foods for any holiday gathering, super bowl party, or just any excuse you can come up with to pop these morsels in your mouth. Spicy and cheesy these meaty meatballs appetizers are a great way to get your guests' appetites going.
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 12 frozen Italian-style meatballs (1/2-ounce each), thawed and halved
- 4 (1-ounce) pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, cut into 24 small slices
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Separate dough into 4 rectangles; press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 6 squares. Press each square in bottom and up side of mini muffin cup. Bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven. Using handle of wooden spoon, immediately make 1 1/2-inch indentation in center of each cup.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in chipotle chili and the adobo sauce, meatballs, and 2 tablespoons water. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally or until thoroughly heated. Remove meatballs from skillet. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the sauce into each cup. Top each with one meatball half, cut side up.
Cut each piece string cheese lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into thirds. Top each meatball with 1 piece of string cheese. Bake 6 to 10 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cups.
Top each meatball cup with 1 avocado slice; secure with wooden toothpick. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Chex Caramel Corn 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Cherry Baby Cakes 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Rosemary Potatoes 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Japanese Pork and Ramen Soup 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Mock Apple Pie (no apples) 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Easy German Pancakes 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn Recipe 4.3/5 (16 Votes)