Honey-Lime Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Corn Tacos
Caramelized onions top roasted sweet potatoes and black beans in these flavorful tacos dressed with a honey-lime sauce. A perfect dinner, or snack.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled if desired and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Optional: Romaine lettuce or purple cabbage, cotija or feta cheese (monterrey or manchengo would also be good), diced avocados, fresh salsa or pico de gallo and hot sauce
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Line a baking sheet with foil then place sweet potatoes on foil. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle evenly with cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste then toss to evenly coat. Bake in preheated oven 15 - 20 minutes until tender, removing from oven and tossing once halfway through baking.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add onion and saute until caramelized (golden brown on edges and tender), about 5 - 6 minutes, adding in garlic during last 30 seconds of sauteing. Reduce heat to medium-low, add in drained black beans, corn, honey and lime juice. Heat until warmed through. Toss in roasted sweet potatoes and cilantro.
Serve over warm tortillas with desired toppings.
You'll also love
- Cotija Sweet Potato Fries 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Martini 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Crisp 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Asian Lemon Dipping Sauce 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- White Bean and Ham Soup 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Jalapeno Baked Bean Cornbread Cups 4.5/5 (12 Votes)