Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling
Perfect for fall, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling make the most delicious way to celebrate all things pumpkin spiced. Filled with the fragrant spices and pumpkin flavor we all crave, these hand-held desserts pair perfectly with a hot cup of cider, coffee, or your favorite tea, so curl up with a mug and one or maybe two of these delicious treats.
- WHOPPIE PIES:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (16-ounce) package of powdered sugar
- about a capful of vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat together brown sugar, sugar, oil, and pumpkin. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, ground ginger, salt, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
Using a pastry bag with a round tip, or a big ziptop plastic bag with one corner snipped, squeeze out concentric circles of batter, starting from the middle and working outward until the circles are about 2-inches in diameter.
Bake for 11 minutes and cool on a cooling rack.
Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix until well combined. Frost flat side of half the pies and top with plain pies.
You'll also love
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Super Moist Pork Chops 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Raspberry Breakfast Bars 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (31 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Barley Risotto 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Melted Halloween Witch 4.5/5 (45 Votes)