Buttery Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes
F&W's Justin Chapple likes mixing canned pumpkin puree into his silky, buttery mashed potatoes for extra color and great flavor.
- 4 pounds large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- Kosher salt
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well.
In the same saucepan, melt the butter in the milk over moderate heat, then add the pumpkin puree. Press the potatoes through a ricer into a bowl and mix in the pumpkin mixture. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
You'll also love
- Almond, Kale, and Banana Smoothie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cocktail Sausages Asian Style 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Charred Cauliflower Quesadillas 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Curry Sunchoke, Zucchini and... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Rye, Kale, Mushroom & Pumpkin Seed... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple... 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Potato -Topped Chicken a la King 3.7/5 (3 Votes)