Soft Gingerbread Cookies
You'll swear that Grandma is in the kitchen when you catch the aroma of molasses, ginger and other spices wafting through the air as these cookies bake!
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (for rolling cookies)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium mixing bowl, blend flour, baking soda and spices together and set aside.
In another bowl, cream together butter and 1/2 cup of sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg until well mixed. Then add molasses and mix to combine.
Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
Using rounded teaspoonfuls (or not quite full tablespoons), form dough into balls the size of walnuts and roll them in the extra 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, approximately two inches apart. Lightly flatten each cookie.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Allow to cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Perfect Pot Roast 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Barley Risotto 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Paleo Egg Quiche Muffins 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Chocolate-Rum Truffle Torte 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies 4.4/5 (47 Votes)
- Melted Snowman Cookies 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Gingersnap-Raspberry Sandwiches 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Paula's Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie 4.6/5 (35 Votes)