Zucchini & Caramelized Onion Quiche
Basic caramelized onions takes this zucchini quiche over the top! Makes a wonderful breakfast or brunch you'd be proud to serve your family or guests.
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups (1/8-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit dough into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Fold edges under; flute. Line dough with foil; arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil. Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove weights and foil; bake an additional 2 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl. Add zucchini and garlic; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly.
Arrange Basic Caramelized Onions over bottom of crust; top with zucchini mixture. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, milk, flour, pepper, eggs, and cheese in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pour milk mixture over zucchini mixture. Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Saturated fat: 6.2g
Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
You'll also love
- Frittata with Mushrooms, Linguine,... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Apple Crisp 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Couscous with Eggplant and Red... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini Stuffing Casserole 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Antipasto Pasta 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Holiday Seafood Casserole 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Make Ahead Calzones 4.3/5 (6 Votes)