Low Carb Zucchini Crusted Quiche
This quiche uses zucchini instead of pie crust to make a low-carb breakfast that will satisfy your family and friends!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 11 ⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 ⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray an 9-inch baking dish or pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Cut ends off zucchini and discard. Thinly slice zucchini on a bias or into discs, and lay them evenly across the bottom of the baking dish. Start with the bottom, and then line the edges of the baking dish. Once finished, sprinkle the oregano over top.
Mix the eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mozzarella cheese in a bowl, and then pour the mixture over the zucchini in the baking dish.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top, and then push it down into the egg mixture with your hands or the back of a spoon, until mostly submerged.
Bake for about 40 minutes, until the top of the quiche turns golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes to set before slicing.
If you have more than enough zucchini to line the bottom of the dish, chop the extra up and add it into the quiche in step 4. Or arrange some of the zucchini discs on the quiche’s top for a nicer presentation.
Go even more Italian by browning pancetta (Italian bacon) in a skillet over medium-high heat, draining well, and adding it to the quiche in step 4.
You'll also love
- Pina Colada Shrimp 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Blackberry & Basil Dessert Bites 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Herbed Roasted New Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine Pasta 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato and Cannellini Bean... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Greek-Style Chicken 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato... 3.7/5 (97 Votes)
- Crack-Tastic Crackers 3.8/5 (120 Votes)
Review this recipe