Easy Zucchini Quiche
Who doesn't love a good zucchini quiche?! This one has an impressive lattice crusted top which adds an additional layer of deliciousness!
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bread, coarsely crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Crisco Shortening
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 350°F.
In a large bowl place the first 12 ingredients and mix.
Place the flour in a separate large bowl. Add the seasonings and Crisco shortening and crumble with your fingers. Slowly, add the water and work the dough, until manageable, not sticky.
Place the olive oil on your hand and rub over the dough. Pat the dough with flour.
Dust flour on a clean surface to roll the dough. Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out about one inch bigger than the pie plate. Fit into the pie place and pinch the ends.
Bake the dough for about 10 minutes. Let the pie crust cool a bit and add the quiche ingredients.
Bake the quiche 45 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
Let the quiche rest for at least 10 to15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Macarons à la noix de coco:... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Foil Packet Potatoes 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Caesar Salad with Roasted Garlic... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Eggplant and Zucchini Pie- Scotto... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Italian Marinated Eggplant... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Pepitas (Roasted Pumpkin Seeds) 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Biscuit Breakfast Bake 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Easy Italian Friendship Casserole 4/5 (43 Votes)