Potato-Crusted Vegetarian Quiche Recipe with Zucchini, Tomatoes & Feta
This potato-crusted vegetarian quiche recipe, filled with summer vegetables, makes a beautiful presentation for a weekend brunch. It’s also easy enough to throw together for a Meatless Monday dinner.
- 2 3/4 cups peeled & grated russet potato (about 1-pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from cookincanuck.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a deep 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
With a paper towel or kitchen towel, squeeze the excess moisture out of the shredded potato.
In a medium-sized bowl, toss the shredded potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
Transfer the potato mixture to the prepared pie dish, and press the potato evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
Bake until the potatoes are golden brown on the edges, 17 to 20 minutes.
Lower the oven heat to 375°F.
While the crust is baking, whisk the eggs, egg white and milk together in a large bowl. Whisk in the smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
Stir the grated zucchini into the egg mixture, and pour the entire mixture into the prepared crust.
Sprinkle the tomatoes, feta cheese and green onion evenly over the egg mixture.
Bake at 375°F until the egg is set in the center and starting to brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
Let the quiche cool for about 10 minutes. Cut and serve.
Calories 108.4 / Total Fat 4.8g / Saturated Fat 1.7g / Cholesterol 74.9mg / Sodium 396mg / Total Carbohydrates 11.3g / Fiber 1.9g / Sugars 2.2g / Protein 5.4g / WW (Old Points) 2 / WW (Points+) 3
You'll also love
- Taco Salad With Chipotle Lime... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Lean and Mean Barbecued Brisket 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Baked Cheese Balls 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Coconut Flour... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Turkey-Potato Casserole 3.9/5 (70 Votes)
- Easy Sausage, Potato and Sauerkraut 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Huli Huli Chicken 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake 4.2/5 (36 Votes)