Blackberry Fennel & Goat Cheese Pizza
- For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 small bulb fennel thinly sliced (reserve the fronds for garnish)
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, brie or gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoons honey
Combine the flour, cornmeal, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water. The dough should be relatively sticky and wet.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl, cover, and put it in a warm spot. Let the dough sit for at least 6 or up to 12 hours.
When you’re ready to bake the pizza, heat the oven to 500 degrees. Divide the dough into half or quarters depending on the size you want your finished pizza to be. Working with one portion at a time, gather the four corners together and mold gently into a ball. Dust the balls lightly with flour and let rest for 1 hour.
Shape the dough into a round shape trying to get it as thin as possible without tearing it. Lightly drizzle the dough with a teaspoon of olive oil and top with the blackberries, fennel and goat cheese. Sprinkle the thyme and hazelnuts over the top and bake until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted 8 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved fennel fronds and drizzle with honey. Let stand for a few minutes before slicing and serve while still hot.
You'll also love
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Pizza 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Vegan Mac and Cheese Pizza 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Pretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Broccoli & White Cheddar Mac &... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Fresh Cherry Cupcakes 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut Easter Eggs 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Blueberry Madeleines 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pavlova with Fresh Summer Berries... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)