Sausage and Summer Squash
- One third to one half cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz.cooked Polish sausage links, halved lengthwise, sliced diagonally
- 3 small yellow summer squash and/or zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 4 wedges Italian flat bread, split
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
In small bowl combine dressing and garlic. In extra-large skillet cook sausage and squash in 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is heated through and squash is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, place bread on broiler pan; brush with 1 tablespoon of the dressing mixture. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
Serve sausage and squash with toasted bread. Drizzle remaining dressing; sprinkle green onions and oregano. Pass Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Carrot Ginger Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Broiled Cornish Hens 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- TENDERLOIN OF BEEF WITH RED WINE... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Donuts with Maple... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek Zucchini Fritters... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Indiana Harvest Sausage Lentil Soup 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Spicy Zucchini Soup 4.3/5 (25 Votes)