Sausage and Summer Squash
- One third to one half cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz.cooked Polish sausage links, halved lengthwise, sliced diagonally
- 3 small yellow summer squash and/or zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 4 wedges Italian flat bread, split
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
In small bowl combine dressing and garlic. In extra-large skillet cook sausage and squash in 2 tablespoons of the dressing mixture for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is heated through and squash is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, place bread on broiler pan; brush with 1 tablespoon of the dressing mixture. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
Serve sausage and squash with toasted bread. Drizzle remaining dressing; sprinkle green onions and oregano. Pass Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Carrot & Zucchini Mini-Muffins 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Vegan Spinach Dip 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Seed... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pineapple Pork Chops 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Caramelized Apples 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Kiolbassa Crockpot Quinoa, Sausage... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread 4.2/5 (15 Votes)