Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita
Unique flavors and great spices combine with tender, slow-cooked chicken and a yogurt sauce to take your tastebuds on a Greek adventure!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 pita pocket breads
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 370mins
In a slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice. Mix to coat chicken with seasonings.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
Heat pita bread as directed on package.
Meanwhile, remove chicken from slow cooker to cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken.
To serve, stir yogurt into onion mixture in slow cooker.
Spoon chicken into warm pita bread pockets. With slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture onto chicken. Top with tomato, cucumber and red pepper strips.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (493 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)