Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Easy to assemble, deliciously creamy and a great choice for once-a-month cooking. And there is NO canned cream soup in my enchiladas -- Hope you give them a try!
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas, softened (8 inches each)
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (15-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from mexican.food.com
1. In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
2. Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
3. Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
4. Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
5. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas. 6 Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Body Flush and Detox Water 4.5/5 (505 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.5/5 (442 Votes)
- Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken 4.5/5 (403 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.4/5 (427 Votes)