Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings
An easy make ahead recipe, this Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe is so delicious it's in my rotation of meals often. Enjoy!
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 large flaky refrigerator biscuits (half a can)
Adapted from theagnosticswife.wordpress.com
Thaw chicken breasts and place in crock pot. Add butter, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and onions. Cook on high 4 to 6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Once the chicken has cooked for the proper amount of time, cut each biscuit into small pieces (approximately 9 each). Add the biscuits and continue to cook 30 minutes to an hour longer, or until the biscuits are done.
Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Once shredded, place chicken back into crockpot and mix. Serve hot.