Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers
Easy to make your own fried chicken tenders with this recipe. Marinating the chicken overnight in the buttermilk mixture makes them tender and flavorful - don't forget this step!
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 quart oil for frying
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 300mins
Place chicken strips into a large, re-sealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder. Pour mixture into bag with chicken. Seal, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
In another large, re-sealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder. Remove the chicken from refrigerator, and drain, discarding buttermilk mixture.
Place chicken in flour mixture bag. Seal, and shake to coat. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet to 375°F. Carefully place coated chicken in hot oil. Fry until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
You'll also love
- Panera Tomato Basil Bread 3.8/5 (154 Votes)
- Chicken & Dumplings 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Baked Lobster & Brie Dip 4.3/5 (58 Votes)
- whole roasted cauliflower with a... 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Pineapple Scones 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Kringle 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Better than Olive Garden Zuppa... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)