Beef Stew (Pressure Cooker)
Pressure cooking is king! Beef, carrots and potatoes taste like they simmered all day, but this is ready in less than an hour.
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby carrots, cut in half
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 small can baby peas
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 50mins
Put beef and flour in a zip top bag and shake to coat. Brown meat in a little oil on all sides. Work in small batches, don't crowd the pan.
Place all of the ingredients (except peas, salt & pepper) into the pressure cooker. Stir together. Lock the lid in place and set to HIGH (15 P) for 20 minutes. Let the pressure drop naturally, about 10 to 12 minutes.
The beef should be fork tender. If it is not, cook for an additional 5 minutes, again letting the pressure drop naturally.
Stir in the peas and season with salt & pepper. Let simmer on warm for about 5 minutes to heat through before serving. You can make this recipe in advance and it will taste even better the next day.
You'll also love
- Baked Zucchini Fries 4.5/5 (110 Votes)
- Banana Pudding 4.4/5 (111 Votes)
- Neiman Marcus Cake 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- World Famous Paradise Bakery Sugar... 4.2/5 (127 Votes)
- Mummy Meatloaf 4.5/5 (106 Votes)
- Taco Casserole 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Bobby's Goulash 4.4/5 (111 Votes)
- Pasta, Chicken, & Broccoli Bake 4.5/5 (105 Votes)