BBQ Pulled Pork in a Pressure Cooker
Pulled pork in a pressure cooker is fast and easy, instead of waiting all day to cook in a slow cooker. Serve on your favorite bun with extra sauce. It's perfect with cole slaw or other veggies on the side.
- 3 to 4 pounds pork butt, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- Garlic powder, onion powder, & paprika, to taste
- Buns for sandwiches
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
Cut the pork butt into several pieces and season with the garlic powder, onion powder and paprika to taste.
Add the olive oil to the pan and brown each side of the pork pieces well. After browned, set the pork out to rest on a plate; add the garlic and onion to sauté until they are just translucent.
Add 1 cup barbecue sauce and 1 cup water, and mix well, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan and deglaze. The meat won’t be covered, but it should be sitting in a delicious barbecue sauce mixture. Add the meat back to the pressure cooker and lock the lid.
Bring to pressure and cook for 60 minutes
Bring to 15 psi. Immediately reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting to maintain pressure, and set the timer for 1 hour.
When the time is up remove the pressure cooker from all heat and follow the natural release method. When equalized, carefully open the lid and remove the meat, setting it aside. Cover with tin foil and let cool for 10 minutes. Shred using two forks.
Add back some of the sauce and juices from the pot and place a heaping portion on your favorite sandwich roll.
You'll also love
- Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Peach Iced Tea 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Irish Jello Shots 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- The Best Ever Candied Yams 3.9/5 (138 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)
- White Chocolate Caramel Blondies 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine Soup 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- King Ranch Beef Casserole 4/5 (102 Votes)