Panera Summer Corn Chowder (Copy Cat)
Save money and make Panera's popular corn chowder at home with this incredible copycat recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4 inch) red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4 inch) green bell pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice, for garnish
- 1/2 cup thinly slivered fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Place the oil and butter in a pot over low heat. Add the diced onion and wilt for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the onion; cook, stirring, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the corn, red and green bell peppers, salt, pepper, and half-and-half; cook over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle 2 cups of soup into each bowl. Before serving, place 1 tablespoon of diced tomatoes in the center of each and top generously with slivered basil. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Texas Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie 4.4/5 (120 Votes)
- Southern Triple Decker Strawberry... 4.1/5 (166 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp over... 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato,... 4.5/5 (102 Votes)
- Corn Bread Casserole 4.5/5 (98 Votes)
- Candy Corn Shooters 4.5/5 (91 Votes)