Texas Pecan Pie Pound Cake
Delicious! Kick your usual pound cake up a notch with pecans and brown sugar baked in and topped with caramel ice cream topping. Texas Pecan Pie Pound Cake combines the rich flavors of caramelly goodness with crunchy pecans, thus combining two of the best desserts in the world together into one mega delicious dessert!
- 4 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour, cake or all-purpose
- 8 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 jar of caramel ice cream topping
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 300°F.
In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time. Then add flour one cup at a time. Last, add vanilla flavoring.
Grease and flour tube/bundt pan and pour in batter. Once the batter has been poured in, sprinkle pecans and brown sugar on top (a cup or little more of each). Lightly press into the batter.
Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. (You may want to tent the top with foil to keep the nuts from scorching.) Then, increase the temperature to 325°F and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Test the cake with a fork or wooden skewer to check for doneness. The utensil should come out dry and clean (no batter). Bake 5 more minutes if needed.
Remove from the oven and allow a few minutes to cool before removing from pan. When you invert onto a plate, you may lose a few nuts, but most should bake into the top layer of crust.
Turn the cake onto another plate so that the nuts are on top. Drizzle cake with a jar of caramel ice cream topping. Heat from the cake will make the caramel melt over the pecans. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Crack Cake 3.8/5 (369 Votes)
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Dip 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.4/5 (117 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding 4.3/5 (136 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cheesecake 4.2/5 (157 Votes)
- Apple Pie Filling 4.4/5 (119 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff -... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Gluten-Free, Vegan... 4/5 (175 Votes)