Chevy's Sweet Corn Tomalito
One of my favorite things to have at Chevy's Mexican Restaurant is their Sweet Corn Tomalito. Now you can enjoy it from the comfort of your own home.
Approximate values per serving: 87 calories, 4 g fat, 0 cholesterol,13 g carbohydrates, 119 mg sodium, 36 percent calories from fat
- 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup Masa Harina
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon milk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a small mixing bowl, mix the margarine, masa and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
In a blender container, blend half the corn kernels with the water until smooth. Combine this mixture with the margarine mixture, stirring well.
Add the remaining corn kernels, corn meal, baking powder, salt and milk and mix well. Pour the corn mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan.
Tightly cover with plastic wrap and steam by setting atop a medium saucepan of water on top of the stove. Bring water to a boil and steam corn mixture for 50 minutes to one hour (check to see whether you might need to add more water), until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tomalito should have a smooth, moist texture.
The pan must be tightly wrapped at all times.
You'll also love
- Roast Pork Shoulder - GOYA®... 4.1/5 (43 Votes)
- Nordstrom's White Chocolate Bread... 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Farmhouse Chicken... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Barley Risotto 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chunky Sweet Potato Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan Passover Kugel 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Oysters Rockefeller Sourdough... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Corn and cheese puto 4.5/5 (8 Votes)