Candy Corn Cake Pops
This fun Halloween dessert recipe uses Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix and Whipped fluffy white frosting – cake pops that look like candy corn on a stick!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12 ounce container)
- 5 cups yellow candy melts
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups orange candy melts
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 72 paper lollipop sticks
- Block of plastic foam
Cooking time 180mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool.
Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Crumble cake into large bowl. Add frosting; mix well. Roll into 1-inch balls; shape each ball into triangle, pressing sides flat to look like candy corn. Place on cookie sheet. Freeze until firm; keep refrigerated.
In microwavable bowl, microwave yellow candy melts and 2 tablespoons of the shortening uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 minute, then in 15-second intervals, until melted; stir until smooth. Repeat with orange candy melts and white candy melts, using 1 tablespoon shortening for each.
Dip tip of 1 lollipop stick about 1/2 inch into melted yellow candy and insert stick into base of 1 cake triangle no more than halfway. Repeat. Return to cookie sheet. Refrigerate 5 minutes. Remove from refrigerator a few at a time. Dip cake triangles in melted yellow candy; tap off excess. Poke opposite end of stick into foam block. Let stand until set. Dip two-thirds of each cake triangle into melted orange candy; let stand until set. Dip tips in melted white candy; let stand until set.
You'll also love
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Fish Tacos 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut... 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Rudy’s Creamed Corn 3.8/5 (119 Votes)
- Two Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Red Velvet Peppermint Swirl... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Baked Bearnaise Potatoes 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Quicker than rice krispie treats... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)