Rudy’s Creamed Corn
Make your favorite side dish at home with this copycat recipe for Rudy’s Creamed Corn. Delicious and creamy, it is perfect for any potluck or cookout!
- 4 pounds frozen sweet corn
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, diced into 1 inch squares
- 1 (4-ounce) stick of salted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 245mins
Adapted from bluebonnetsandbrownies.com
Throw all the ingredients into a crockpot on medium or low for at least 4 hours. If you need it done faster, cook it on the stove or on high in the crockpot, but be prepared to sacrifice a little of the savory goodness that results when corn is allowed to soak in dairy for hours.
All of the cream cheese pieces should be completely melted and will easily break down and combine with the cream and butter to make the ‘gravy’.
Do not over-salt. There is plenty of salt in the butter and cream cheese. Over-salting will ruin this dish.
You'll also love
- Homemade Applesauce - Ree Drummond 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Caramel Apples 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad with... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup (Slow Cooker) 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Bark 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Corndogs! Gluten-free or Regular… 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Pre-Buttered Corn 4.7/5 (25 Votes)