Cut Out Sugar Cookies & Simple Cookie Glaze
This is my go-to cut out sugar cookie with a simple glaze recipe. It never fails and the whole family has a great time decorating.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, plus 1 teaspoon milk
- Food coloring
- Dash vanilla
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 60mins
Combine the flour, soda and salt and toss together. Set aside. Cream the butter on high until pale yellow, scraping down the bowl frequently. Add the sugar and turn to medium speed. Beat for 2 minutes, until soft and almost white. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat about 30 seconds. Add the flour mixture and mix on low about 30 seconds.
Form 2 separate pieces and wrap in waxed paper. Freeze for 20 to 30 minutes. When you’re ready to roll the dough, sprinkle surface lightly with flour and sprinkle top of dough lightly as well. Roll out, add flour if you need it to keep it from sticking. Cut out shapes, place on parchment paper on cookie sheets.
Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until barely brown on edges. Cool on rack.
Mix all ingredients together. Stir until smooth. Glaze should be thick but soft enough to set.
You'll also love
- Fritos and Peanut Butter 3.9/5 (130 Votes)
- Easter Bunny Rolls 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Ball 4.3/5 (75 Votes)
- German Bretzen, Soft Pretzels 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Simple Chocolate Ganache 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Strawberry Valentine Oreo Cookies 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream... 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut... 4.5/5 (57 Votes)