Bacon And Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
These Bacon And Cheddar Mashed Potatoes are a perfect side dish.
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold or baking potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 smoked bacon slices, cooked and finely chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from wwrecipes.net
Place potato in a large saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well; return potato to pan over medium-low heat.
Add milk; mash potato mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Add cheese, and stir until cheese melts. Stir in sour cream, pepper, and salt. Top with green onions and bacon.
Makes 6 Servings (1 Cup Per Serving)
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 236; Total fat 5 g; Sodium 238 mg;
Carbs 38 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 9
You'll also love
- Raspberry Oatmeal Squares 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Avocado, Mozzarella and Tomato... 4.1/5 (106 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion 3.9/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Boston Market Copycat Sweet Potato... 3.8/5 (465 Votes)
- SWEET AND SOUR PORK 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Li’l Smokies in a... 4.5/5 (63 Votes)