Texas Roadhouse Copycat Green Beans
These are the best green beans ever! If you ever make them, you will NEVER have them any other way! TIP: They are best made a day in advance to absorb the broth.
- 2 (16-ounce) cans Del Monte green beans, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped or minced garlic
- 4 ounces bacon, diced (raw) or 4 ounces ham (cooked)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Drain green beans and set aside.
Broth Mixture: Mix broth, butter, sugar, peppers and salt until well incorporated. Set aside.
Preheat a deep pan over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon pieces down till they are brick red, add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, add some chopped garlic then add the broth mixture, let the broth simmer for 20 minutes then add the green beans to the broth mixture. Stir to incorporate. Bring mixture to a boil and then turn off heat. You do not boil or simmer the green beans for long, just enough to heat through, this is important so that you don’t overcook them.
TIP: They are best made a day in advance to absorb the broth.
You'll also love
- Easy Coconut Cream Pie 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Shrimp & Sautéed Spinach 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Sliced Baked Potatoes 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- The Best Low Fat Healthy Waffles 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Classic Egg Salad 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Candy Cane Martini 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Broccoli-Corn Casserole 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Russian Easter Bread 4.5/5 (33 Votes)