Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Stew
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 6 hours Total time: 6 hours 15 mins
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup string beans (drained if canned)(If canned add the last couple of hours, no need to cook the whole time)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced finely
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half or cream
- 1 cup chicken stock or tbsp chicken bullion
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Parsley flakes
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (optional) (add last hour of cooking)
- Best served with Biscuits
Adapted from thecozycook.com
Melt the butter on the bottom of the crock pot.
Add all of the vegetables on top and stir to coat with the butter.
Salt/Pepper the diced chicken as desired and add to the crock pot.
Mix together the soup, milk, sour cream, thyme and ranch dressing mix. Pour on top of the chicken. (optional - add frozen baby peas the last hour.)
Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8.
(If the chicken is cut up it should not take much longer even on low than six hours. If partially frozen when cut up, which would make it easier, turn the crock pot on high for first hour or two, then down to low.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve, (preferably with biscuits!)
Note: If soup seems thin, the last hour, add 2 tbsp corn starch to half a cup of chicken stock, stir, and add to the soup. Continue cooking for one hour.
You'll also love
- White Lightning Chicken Chili 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Cross Rib Roast 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Portuguese Sopas or Sopash 3.8/5 (118 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Pot Pie with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Butternut... 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut-Lime Chicken Stew with Rice 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork Stew 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Low Carb Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken 4/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe