Grilled Steakhouse Steak Tips
Bottom line, this is one of the best (truly) grilled steak recipes you will ever make or taste! The marinade is packed full of flavor, with ingredients that are non-fussy and every day staples.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I used reduced-sodium)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika (I reduced to about 2/3)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I reduced to 1/8)
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) beef flap meat*
- Flap meat is sold as whole steaks, strips, and pieces. For even pieces, buy a whole steak of uniform size and cut it up yourself.
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 180mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Whisk soy sauce, oil, sugar, garlic, tomato paste, paprika, pepper, and cayenne together in bowl until sugar dissolves; transfer to zipper-lock bag. Pat beef dry with paper towels. Prick beef all over with fork and cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces. Add meat to bag with soy mixture and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
For a charcoal grill: Open bottom grill vents completely. Light large chimney starter filled with charcoal briquettes (6 quarts). When top coals are partially covered with ash, pour evenly over grill. Set cooking grate in place, cover, and open lid vents completely. Heat grill until hot, about 5 minutes.
For a gas grill: Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes.
Clean and oil cooking grate. Cook beef (covered if using gas) until charred and registers 130 to 135°F (for medium), 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer meat to platter, tent loosely with foil, and rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Note: We flipped the steaks at 4 minutes, and they were temperature ready at 8 minutes.
You'll also love
- German-Style Fried Potatoes -... 4/5 (71 Votes)
- Lemon Dump Cake 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- La Panadería's Mexican Pink Cake 4/5 (171 Votes)
- David Venable's Beef Brisket... 4.1/5 (54 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- White Bean & Roasted Garlic Dip 4.5/5 (25 Votes)