Chicken Pad Thai
Make this favorite Thai dish at home. You can substitute shrimp for the chicken to make Shrimp Pad Thai.
- 10 ounces Thai rice noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into small strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips and strips halved
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 green onions, whites minced, greens sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Red pepper flakes and sesame seeds, optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Prepare rice noodles according to directions listed on package.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and fish sauce, set aside.
While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a wok, or large and deep non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 4 - 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in pan. Add bell pepper and carrots and saute 1 - 2 minutes then add garlic, green onions and bean sprouts saute 1 minute longer. Push veggies to edges of pan and crack eggs into center. Cook and scramble until eggs have cooked through. Add in chicken, noodles and sauce and toss everything together and cook 1 - 2 minutes.
Serve warm topped with cilantro, peanuts and optional red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
You'll also love
- Perfect Pork Chops 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Frontega Chicken Panini - Copycat... 3.8/5 (219 Votes)
- Cointreau-Glazed Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- One-Pot Garden Chicken and Noodles 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Polynesian Honey-Pineapple Chicken 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- One-Pot Chicken Pad Thai 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken & Veggies Stir Fry 4.5/5 (20 Votes)