White Bean & Roasted Garlic Dip
Make this flavorful white bean and roasted garlic dip up to three days ahead to allow flavors to blend and to keep party-day preparations simple.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic heads, whole
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves for garnish
Preparation time 7mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from health.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cut the top third of garlic heads off to expose the tops of the cloves. Place heads, unpeeled, in ovenproof dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake until the garlic cloves are soft and golden brown, another 30 to 40 minutes. (May be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.)
In a food processor combine beans, roasted garlic, remaining 3 tablespoons oil and lemon juice and process until smooth. Add the salt and white pepper and blend.
This will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
You'll also love
- Tomato Bacon & Spinach Quiche 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Creamy Ranch Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Chunky Monkey Morning Oats 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Ginger Garlic Pork Chops 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Garlic Seared Shrimp 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Smoky BBQ Wings 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- WW Baked Crab Rangoon 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Red Velvet Chex Party Mix 4.5/5 (26 Votes)