Mahi Mahi with Bacon-Tomato Butter
Mahi Mahi is a firm fish that holds up well to grilling. This recipe takes advantage of that and adds a rich bacon-tomato butter enhanced with garlic and paprika.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 (6-ounce) Mahi Mahi fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 slice center-cut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Combine water, sea salt and sugar in a shallow dish, stirring until sea salt and sugar dissolve; add fish. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain; pat dry.
Prepare charcoal fire in a chimney starter; let coals burn for 15 to 20 minutes or until flames die down. Carefully pour hot coals out of starter, and pile them onto one side of the grill. Coat grill grate with cooking spray; put grate in place over coals.
Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon table salt evenly over fish. Lightly coat fish with cooking spray. Place fish, skin side down, over direct heat on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes or until well marked. Turn fish over and move to indirect heat; grill 12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat; add bacon to pan. Cook 5 minutes or until bacon is almost crisp, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add paprika, and cook for 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in butter. Remove from heat. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 2 tablespoons tomato mixture.
You'll also love
- Radish Mango Salad 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- French Chicken Salad with Green... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Moroccan Braised Beef 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Orange Beef Stir Fry 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Fabulous Old-Fashioned Linguine... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- CHEESE SOUFFLE WITH BACON ARUGULA... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Puffs 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Herbed... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)