CHEESE SOUFFLE WITH BACON ARUGULA SALAD
This is a Martha Stewart Recipe. It is Delish.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for ramekins
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese (1/2 oz)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, plus 1 tablespoon 1/2 inch pieces
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, whites and yolks separated
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups packed baby arugula (2 ounces)
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and broken into large pieces, for serving
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter two 2 - cup ramekins, coat with Parmesan and refrigerate. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stir 1 minute. Add milk, whisking until thickened, 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in Gruyere, minced chives, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk in egg yolks.
2. Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture in thirds. Divide between ramekins. Bake on a baking sheet 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees, bake until puffed, about 15 minutes.
3. Whisk together oil and vinegar, drizzle over arugula. Season to taste. Top with bacon and chive pieces, and serve with the soufflé.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Chili Meatballs 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato–Coconut Soup With... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Smoky Cream Of Broccoli Soup With... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Supremes de Volaille aux... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Velvety Spinach Soup 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Turkey Chili 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs With Smoked Salmon,... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Bites with Arugula... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)