Grilled Pineapple with Lime Dip
Serve this dish as an appetizer or dessert—the choice is yours! If desired, the pineapple wedges can be rolled in flaked coconut before grilling.
- LIME DIP:
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 package (3-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Peel and core the pineapple; cut into eight wedges. Cut each wedge into two spears. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, honey and lime juice; add pineapple. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the yogurt, honey, brown sugar, lime juice and peel. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lime dip.
Yield: 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Joe’s Crab Shack Crab Cakes -... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Creamy Key Lime Chicken Enchiladas 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Curried Chicken & Rice 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Chewy Cherry Almond Bars 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Baked Lobster & Brie Dip 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Chicken and Pineapple Skewers 5/5 (7 Votes)