Texas Roadhouse's Rattlesnake Bites
Can't make it to Texas Roadhouse but craving their popular and delicious appetizer Rattlesnake Bites? Make them at home with this simple recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped pickled Jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a shallow bowl, mix cheese, jalapenos, bell peppers and 1/2 cup buttermilk (or milk).
Roll the batter into firm “golf ball-sized” balls.
Place balls in covered bowl and let them set for 30 to 45 minutes in the freezer.
Take the balls out of the freezer and dip in buttermilk, then roll around in breadcrumbs. You can do this in advance and place them in the freezer until you are ready to fry them.
Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Serve immediately with ranch dressing or Cajun horseradish sauce.
You'll also love
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Whoopie Pies,... 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Mexican Cornbread Casserole 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Osso Bucco with Risotto Milanese 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
Review this recipe