Grilled Lobster with Garlic-Parsley Butter
Grilling lobster is a simple and rustic way to prepare a delicacy. Garlic-parsley butter applied while on the grill will "poach" the lobster meat in its own shell.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red chile flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced fine
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 live lobster, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Combine butter, parsley, chile flakes, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
Using a cleaver or large chef's knife, split lobster in half lengthwise through its head and tail. Scoop out and discard the yellow-green tomalley and break off claws. Transfer lobster halves, shell side down, to a baking sheet; crack claws and place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle halves and claws with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Heat a charcoal grill or set a gas grill to high; bank coals or turn off burner on one side.
Place lobster halves, flesh side down, and claws on hottest part of grill; cook until slightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip lobster over and using a spoon, spread lobster with the garlic-parsley butter; continue grilling until lobster meat is tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Pudding (Gluten Free/No... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Sugar Scrub - Homemade 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Artichoke Pizza... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Citrus Sunshine Punch 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper and Smoked... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Salmon With Dill and Caper Sauce 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Festive Meringue Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks and... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)