Brussels Sprouts with Bacon or Pancetta, Garlic, and Shallots
My husband would not eat brussel sprouts until he tried these!
- 2 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 slices center-cut bacon, chopped OR 1/2 cup chopped pancetta
- 1/2 cup sliced shallot (about 1 large)
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Cut dry end of brussel sprouts off and cut sprouts in half lengthwise. Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil to coat.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon or pancetta and sauté for 5 minutes or until bacon/pancetta begins to brown. Remove pan from heat. Remove the bacon/pancetta from pan with a slotted spoon and put it in a bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb the grease. Reserve 1 tablespoon of grease in pan.
4. Return pan to medium-high heat, and stir in bacon/pancetta & shallots. Sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté for 4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring frequently.
5. Add bacon/pancetta, shallots & garlic to brussel sprouts and toss to coat evenly.
6. Pour brussel sprouts on a cookie sheet and bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until browned, stirring after 10 minutes. Depending on the size of the brussel sprouts, you may need to cook it longer to your desired doneness. Sprinkle with black pepper if desired.
You'll also love
- Buffalo Chickpea Pitas With Ranch 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Artichoke Pizza... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Whipped Ricotta with Lemon and... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef with Snow Peas Recipe 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- BARON OF BEEF SPICY MUSTARD 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Garlicky Roast Pork Loin with Herb... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Quick Grilled Pork Ribs 4.7/5 (12 Votes)