Festive Meringue Cookies
These confections are light, airy, delicious and low-fat! Color them to suit your special occasion, green and red for Christmas, purple, pink, green, and blue for Easter, pink for Valentine's Day, pink and blue for a baby shower--the possibilities are endless!
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 25 drops food colors
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from mccormick.com
Preheat oven to 225°F.
Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. (If using a freestanding mixer, use wire whisk attachment.) Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Beat in extract and food color until well blended. Gently stir in chips, if desired.
Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto 2 large foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
Bake both sheets of meringues at the same time 45 minutes. Turn oven off. Let meringues stand in oven 1 hour or until completely cooled.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Martini Jello Shots 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Asparagus, Pea and Saffron Risotto... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Frozen Peach Bellini 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Copycat Marie Callender's Sour... 4/5 (99 Votes)
- Blueberry & Cream Cheese Galette 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Cake Bars 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Low Carb Lemon Meringue Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)