Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks and Manchego Cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 pounds large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into slices about 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large leeks, rinsed, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups shredded Manchego cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Lightly coat a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine half-and-half, nutmeg and cayenne in a large pot; add potatoes and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain potatoes over a large bowl, reserving half-and-half.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leeks and scallions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Layer one-third of the potatoes in prepared baking dish, overlapping as necessary. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of the salt, 1 tbsp of the flour, half the leek mixture and 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layering. Top with remaining third of the potatoes and 1 cup cheese.
5. Pour half-and-half over potatoes; tilt dish from side to side to evenly distribute. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top of casserole is lightly browned.
6. Cool slightly before serving.
You'll also love
- Milk Chocolate Banana Brownies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry Martini Jello Shots 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Asparagus, Pea and Saffron Risotto... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Spicy Cheddar Chicken... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp pasta with arugula,... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Maple Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Never Fail Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Mango Ceviche 4.7/5 (7 Votes)