Southern Living 'Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread'
Yum! Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread....enough said, enjoy!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from piarecipes.com
Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 inch loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary. I found that after one hour, my banana bread wasn't completely cooked through. I ended up baking it for an extra 10-15 minutes.
Cool bread in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Remove from pans, and cool 30 minutes on wire racks before slicing.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cheesy Party Potatoes 4.2/5 (110 Votes)
- Amish Macaroni Salad 4.2/5 (112 Votes)
- French Country Potatoes 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Applebee's Blonde Brownies 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Savannah Banana Pudding 4.4/5 (75 Votes)
Review this recipe