Tamari and Garlic Marinated Chicken Thighs with Coconut Rice
Chicken thighs are marinated in a garlic tamari sauce and then cooked on a grill pan. Served with Jasmine rice prepared in coconut milk. Can you say YUMMY!?
From Kitchen Boss: Buddy Valastro
- Coconut rice:
- 12 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cleaned of excess fat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of tamari
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounce) unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
In a bowl, press in the garlic, and grate in the ginger. Add the Tamari, rice wine vinegar, olive oil and honey. Pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
Toss the chicken in the marinade until completely coated, then either cook straight away or cover and chill for a hew hours to marinate.
To cook the chicken thighs, heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the chicken pieces on the grill pan and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Glaze the thighs with the remaining marinade mixture. Continue to turn and grill the thighs until cooked through and well glazed - 10 to 12 minutes.
Place rice in a saucepan with water, coconut milk, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir the rice once and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot tightly with the lid and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Remove rice from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Remove to a platter and sprinkle with the scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with coconut rice.
You'll also love
- Chicken Enchiladas (Kraft) 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Wine Country Chicken Salad with... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Pollo Guisado - Puerto Rican... 4/5 (122 Votes)
- Artichokes with Lemon Garlic... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic (Microwave method) 3.5/5 (138 Votes)
- Greek Crockpot Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Peanut-Lime Chicken Lunch Bowls 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut-Lime Chicken Stew with Rice 3.9/5 (10 Votes)