Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Sauce, Fried
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 (15 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 cups oil for frying
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from tablespoon.com
1. Combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the refrigerator while frying the artichokes.
2. Heat oil in a small skillet to about 350 degrees.
3. Whisk egg and milk in a small bowl. Combine Parmesan and breadcrumbs and place in another small bowl. Dip artichoke in egg mixture coating well, then dip in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Fry artichokes for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove artichokes from skillet and place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with lemon garlic dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken and... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- New York Cinnamon-Raisin Bagels 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Chili and Cornbread Waffles 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Romaine Salad with Orange, Feta &... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried Artichoke Hearts with Aioli... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic (Microwave method) 3.5/5 (138 Votes)
- Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites-Cashew... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Artichokes Roman-Style 4.1/5 (7 Votes)