Indian Cauliflower Fritters
These Indian-inspired Cauliflower Fritters make a great appetizer for any occasion any time of the year! Serve with the yoghurt dressing on the side and garnish with roughly chopped coriander leaves and fresh lime juice.
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive or rice bran oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon coriander stems, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup maize flour or chick pea flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coriander leaves (extra for garnish)
- 2 cups rice bran oil, plus 1 tablespoon, about 500 milliliters
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, optional
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoons coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- sea salt to taste or 1 teaspoon umeboshi vinegar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from goodchefbadchef.com.au
Put your cauliflower in a large pot with 1/2 cup water. Simmer until it becomes very soft. Drain in a colander and using a spoon push any excess water out of the cauliflower. Continue to let it drain until you’re ready to use it.
In a heavy based pan sauté your onions and coriander stems in the oil over a medium heat until translucent. Now add the ginger and garlic and stir for a few seconds. Now add the spices and cook until they become fragrant and start to stick. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a separate bowl place the flours, salt, zucchini and cauliflower and stir to combine. Now add the onion and spice mix and stir again. Finish off by adding the eggs and coriander leaves. Give the mixture and good mix and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. (Not essential.)
Heat a large, heavy based pan with the rice bran oil. Using two dessert spoons, drop 1 tablespoon of mixture into the hot oil. Let them turn golden brown then flip. Drain on a kitchen towel.
Serve with the yoghurt dressing on the side and garnish with more coriander leaves and lime.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir. Taste for seasoning.
You'll also love
- Macaroni Grill's Rosemary Herbed... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- peppercorn beurre blanc sauce 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Almond-Crusted... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Italian Spinach Ricotta Quiche 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Jerky Lovers Beef Jerky - Sweet &... 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- King Cake 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cream Filled Donuts 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Rockin' Salsa 4.1/5 (35 Votes)