A nutrient-packed vegetarian, vegan meal, tabouleh will give you all the energy you need for your busy days!
- 1 cup medium bulgur wheat
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, leaves and fine stems only
- 1 to 2 bunches mint, leaves only
- 2 to 3 bunches green onions, coarsely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from fionalikesfood.com
Cover bulgur wheat in boiling water, cover and set aside for 30 minutes. Drain. Put it in a cloth and squeeze out any remaining moisture and set aside in large mixing bowl.
Pulse mint and parsley in food processor until it’s finely chopped. Add to bulgur wheat with chopped tomatoes and green onions. Add lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Taste and adjust ingredients as necessary. And keep tasting until it's gone.