Slow-Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
This coconut curry chicken could not be simpler! Set it, forget it, and come back to a creamy, flavorful curry still that tastes like you slaved over it.
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 (13.66-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 275mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Spray 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken thighs; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until browned. Place chicken in slow cooker. Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and chicken.
Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, ginger, lime zest, curry powder and salt to skillet. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mixture to slow cooker. Stir in Sriracha sauce, coconut milk and whipping cream.
Cover; cook on high for 4 hours.
About 15 minutes before serving, cook rice as directed on package. Stir lime juice and cilantro into slow cooker. Serve chicken and vegetable mixture with rice.
You'll also love
- Sauerbraten (German Beef Roast... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- My Go To Chicken Marsala 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled Peach BBQ Chicken Wings... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Ginger Chicken 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Yellow Curry Chicken 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Chinese Sesame Chicken 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken & Waffles For Two 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Ginger-Garlic and Lime Chicken... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)