My Go To Chicken Marsala
My This is my secret weapon to finishing my sauce to give it that smoothness and thickening. Using a fork incorporate 1 T of flour in 2 T of softened butter, When sauce is finished and you have removed the chicken, take the pan off the heat and add butter mixture, whisking until smooth.
Your sauce will be fantastic!! The finished dish. The chicken just falls apart!! This is my go to Chicken Marsala. Easy, delicious and stunning enough to serve for company!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts Pounded to 1/4 inch thick (see my note above)
- Rosemary Sea Salt about 2 tsp or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper - 1 tsp or to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter softened with 1 T of flour
- 2 tablespoons of fresh snipped parsley
Adapted from homestylewithasideofgourmet.blogspot.com
Pound the chicken out to about 1/4 inch thickness. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
Put the flour on a plate. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess.
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, just until the chicken is golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and put on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Saute onion and mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated. Add Marsala and cook mixture, stirring, until Marsala is almost evaporated (about 2 minutes). Be sure to scrape the bits off the bottom of the pan so you get all the flavor in your sauce. Add broth and chicken with any juices that have accumulated on plate and simmer, turning chicken once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken with tongs to a platter.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter that has been incorporated with the flour stirring until butter is just incorporated This process finishes the sauce with a glossy and smooth texture. Spoon mushroom sauce around chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Serve hot with pasta.My Go To Chicken Marsala
You'll also love
- Sufganiyot, Israeli Jelly Donuts... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled Peach BBQ Chicken Wings... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Ginger Chicken 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Yellow Curry Chicken 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Swiss Chard and Mushroom Galette 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Ginger-Garlic and Lime Chicken... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Egg Mushrooms 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Emeril Lagasse's Chicken Marsala 4.5/5 (26 Votes)