Chinese Sesame Chicken
- 3 lb. chicken breasts, skinned and sliced into large chunks.
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. water, divided
- 1/3 cup apple juice, no sugar added
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onion, scallion
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. sesame seed, toasted
Drizzle olive oil in 5 quart saucepot, Dutch oven or Wok over medium heat; add chicken; cook until chicken is browned on all sides, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or so. When done remove chicken to platter; set aside.
In mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup water with the apple juice, soy sauce, scallion, ketchup, sugar, garlic and red pepper; mix well.
Pour into pot; cook over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring constantly; careful to stir all from bottom of pan.
Reduce heat to low; return chicken to pot; cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm, reserving liquid in pot.
Sauce: Dissolve cornstarch in remaining tablespoon water; stir into liquid in pot; cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Pour sauce evenly over chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seed.4
You'll also love
- Mexican Lasagna 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Sausage, Kale & Lentil Soup 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Creamy Stove Top Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta 3.9/5 (123 Votes)
- Chicken & Waffles For Two 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Healthier Chicken Fried Rice 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Mediterranean Bean Salad and Greek... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)