Ginger-Garlic and Lime Chicken Thighs with Escarole Salad
- For the Marinade:
- 10 bone-in chicken thighs with skin on
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger – grated
- 4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup of Italian parsley – chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 3 - 4 tbs. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- For the Escarole Salad:
- 1 head escarole – cleaned and torn
- 1 red onion – sliced thin
- 1/2 can - pitted black olives
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes – sliced
- Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
For the Chicken & Marinade:
Combine all of the above in a covered pot and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to overnight.
Heat a large cast iron frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken pieces, skin side down, cook about 2-3 minutes before lowering heat to medium. Cook until the skin is a beautiful golden. About 10-12 minutes.
Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
Loosening the chicken with a spatula; flip the chicken to skin side up and transfer the pan to the oven to finish the cooking process. About another 12-15 minutes until the juices run clear.
Let chicken rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
For the Escarole Salad:
Plate the escarole in a large serving bowl; add the red onion, tomatoes and olives; grate the Romano cheese and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss.
Top the salad with the chicken thighs and serve.
You'll also love
- WARM BALSAMIC KALE SALAD 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesy Egg and Spinach Casserole 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Blueberry Cobbler 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Steak with Swiss Chard & Garlic... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- No Bake Watermelon Cake Recipe 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Balsamic Pork Chops 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Sliders 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemonade Cheesecake... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)