Gingered Salmon Over Black Rice with Bok Choy
Enriched with the robust and healthy flavors of omega-packed salmon, freshly grated ginger, pure maple syrup, Japonica black rice, mirin, freshly chopped scallions or green onions, black sesame seeds, and healthy bok choy, this recipe is perfect for impressing that special, certain someone in your life on date night. Pop open your favorite bottle of dry white wine or crisp champagne and enjoy!
- 1 cup black Japonica rice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 heads baby bok choy, halved
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 (6-ounce) wild salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons chopped scallions
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from health.com
In a pan, bring rice, salt, and 2 cups water to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until water has absorbed, 40 to 45 minutes. Fluff and set aside.
In a bowl, whisk soy sauce, ginger, maple syrup, vinegar, and mirin.
When rice has 15 minutes left to cook, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté shallot for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Add bok choy; cook for 2 minutes per side. Transfer bok choy to a plate. Wipe pan clean.
In same pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon and half of soy-ginger mixture. Cook fish for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with bok choy. Warm remaining soy-ginger mixture in pan over medium heat.
Divide rice between 2 plates. Top with salmon and bok choy. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions. Drizzle with warmed sauce.
You'll also love
- Traditional Louisiana Turducken 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Salmon on Wild Rice and... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheese-Topped Tilapia 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Paleo Loca's Pork Green Chile 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Jalapeño-Cheese Grits Casserole 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Asian Style Sauce 4.3/5 (3 Votes)